Friday, May 3, 2013

The Age of Jesus

When Tom was 33-years-old we had a family from my LDS mission come visit us.  I spoke Spanish on my mission and these people mostly spoke only Spanish.  The dad asked me how old Tom was and I said that he was 33.  Then the dad said, "Oooohh, la edad de Jesus!"

The age of Jesus.

Hahaha!

Now, as of April 29th, I am the age of Jesus.  Thirty-three.

The weather on my birthday (last Monday) was perfect.  Like very light breeze, 70 degrees, no clouds, perfect.  As soon as Tom got home from work we loaded up the car and made the 1 mile drive to the Tulip Festival where I wanted to take some pictures of my girls in their lace rompers before they grow out of them.  Here are a few of my faves.  The first one of Morgan is actually in our back yard.  The others are at the festival.





Mo and I have an annual pass to the gardens where this festival was so we only had to pay for Tom to get in.  I mentioned something about taking pictures after we had paid and the girl that works there was all, " are you taking pictures of your day or here to take pictures?"

I asked what the difference was and she replied, "we usually charge $100 for people to use the gardens as the background for their pictures."

Oh, well definitely of just our day then.  Hello!  I already paid that much for a pass.  I'm going to take pictures!!!  Of our day, obviously.

Some more about my day... the cake.  It was so delicious!

I previously mentioned that I was going to try to make this raw, vegan carrot cake.  I did it.  And it was amazing.  Amaze-balls-amazing.

Get the recipe at This Rawsome Vegan Life.
Mine wasn't so pretty, but it was good.  

Did I mention that it was yummy?  Because I really liked it.  And it wasn't cooked (hence, "raw").  Just carrots, dates, dried pineapple, cashews and a few other things thrown together.

Photo

I also got super spoiled for my birthday.  I had mentioned that I wouldn't mind new workout clothes since I was working out in cut-off t-shirts and running shorts that I bought in the 90's or some that I got at a garage sale (look, until Instagram came along and I see all these cute workout clothes, I couldn't really care less about what I wore to the gym -- not there for a date, people!).  Anyway, I wanted new workout clothes.  

So my mom gave me some money to buy some and then Tom came home with a few bags from Scheels and now here I am all stylish for my kick boxing and (coming soon) Insanity classes.  And then I returned some things to get the right size and ended up with these yellow cross fit shoes (I wish I liked the pink better -- they were 1/2 the price).  How did that happen?  #ohTomtookthekidsandIgottoshop #paidretail #firsttimebuyingReeboksin15years
Reebok CrossFit Nano

Here is a before/after (current) pic in my new workout capris.  Those abs will be toned and awesome by October.  #hopefully #fitnessshowready #dontmindthemess


And last, but not least, I got a crown for my birthday.  It's like I'm a princess.  Only more painful.  And not as pretty.  

4 comments:

  1. With the exception of the crown, it seems like a great birthday! And I am jealous of your backuard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy be-lated birthday!! It sounds like you had a great day except for the dentist appointment. I love workout clothes, but it is one of those things that I don't do for myself very often, so getting them for your birthday sounds like a GREAT idea. Enjoy the new shoes and clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, when you posted you got a crown, I was thinking a princess crown. So, when I looked at the next photo, I was all "where's her crown?". Then I understood. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're hilarious. I'm glad we get to share this age thing together. It makes me feel better about life. And just so you know, there's NO WAY I would spend 50 bucks on a pair of jeans but for workout pants? You bet cha! The Nike outlet in Park City (and the one in Vegas) are like Christmas for Tyler and me. We're obsessed. Welcome to the obsession, friend. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...