Monday, February 6, 2012

Copycat Monday: Sunburst Mirror

Hi!  Did everyone have a great weekend?  Watch the Superbowl?  I totally did (if the halftime show with Madonna counts).  I ate way too much food, which seems to be a common occurrence.  But I got to play games with friends and we had a great time.

Just so we're clear, I'm not being paid (unfortunately) by anyone to write the nice things I'm going to write... but I'm definitely open to a sponsorship from one of the places and if I ever get one, I'll be totally brand loyal and write only things about that place.  That said... Lowe's VS The Home Depot.

I love Lowe's.  They used to have the cheapest spray paint and were only one mile from where I lived so I went there all the time.  Their customer service is great (at least an my stores).  I bought a palm sander last summer and a few months ago the metal grip that grips the sand paper loosened on one end so it wasn't sanding well.  I just took it back and asked if they could do anything last month, well after their 90 day return policy.  It took a few days of working with the "higher ups" but they were able to exchange it for me and now I have a sander that works!

The Home Depot is great too.  Everyone is always so nice!  We now live closer to one than to Lowe's so I often go there.  We were there Saturday and found some metallic spray paint on clearance for $1.33.  I bought 4 cans (and one bronze at normal price).

This is what I did with the bronze.

I found this sunburst mirror tutorial at A Mother and Daughter made out of dowel rods, 7" wood plaque, wooden nickles, 1" round craft mirrors, a candle mirror and glue.  Their tutorial is great, so go there if you decide to do this.  I used wooden skewers instead of dowel rods and a plate frame (I bought a bunch at a garage sale last summer) instead of the 7" wood plaque.

I have pinned so many projects that will keep me busy copying other people for years to come.  I kid you not.  If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click on that button over there to the right.

5 comments:

  1. I usually prefer Lowe's but Home Depot is the closest to our house so we end up there most often.
    Love the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! That mirror looks so mid-'60s.

    Be sure to stop in for my 25% off Hope of Spring sale on all my homemade soaps, going on this week only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try my derndest to stay away from both of those stores...ha! The mirror looks fabulous! The plate frame really makes it look like a real mirror...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Kelli! I like the use of the plate frame! Thanks for the feature! ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...