Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Schedule

I've been to Colorado twice this year for home staging events/training and I want to share a few things about them.  The first one was in Denver in June and the second was Colorado Springs in October.  I kind of love Colorado now.

So, Denver was pretty great. I stayed at the Sheraton on 16th Street Mall. It's this street downtown with great shopping and there are pianos set between the lanes of the street so anyone that wants to be creative can play. Now, y'all know I love me a painted piano, ESPECIALLY a painted turquoise piano, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw these.
Now that's inspiration.

The Colorado Springs event was a more intimate group.  There were about 10 of us who were being trained to be certified trainers for APSD ( Click Here  for more info).  We met at a country club overlooking Garden of the Gods (a beautiful park).  Here is a pic from our meeting room.

We had one half day of class in the club, then a half day of shopping (who doesn't like that?!).  The second day was spent staging a 1970's split-level house (you know, the kind that was super popular for 6 months in the 70's and 4 billion were built).  I will show you the house and tell it's story in another post as soon as I get the pics.

The third day was spent in class until around 2pm when it was over.  Hubsters and I went to the zoo afterward but I was in heels and it snowed that morning so we didn't stay for much longer than an hour.  It was really cool though.  It's on the mountain so it's like going on a hike to see the animals.  If you're ever in Colorado Springs you should go.

One thing that we talked a lot about that I'm going to share with you is that in order to really succeed with your business (blogs count) you need to block out time for it during your day.  Make a schedule!  My day usually goes like this:

6:00: wake up
6:15-7:45: go to gym (I do elliptical or stair stepper for 20 minutes so I can read scriptures at the same time -- the whole "2 birds, 1 stone" thing -- then I lift weights and do another 40 minutes of cardio).
8:00-9:00: work on blog (answer emails, link up, look at other people's blogs and leave comments, etc.) and other business stuff.
My daughter usually wakes up around 9 (I know.  Lucky, right?!) so I spend the day with her.  I also work on projects during this time but I do it when I can while being with her.
9:00pm-10:30pm (generally): work on blog/business stuff.

What do you do?  Do you have a schedule for your business?  

7 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Wobble Over Wednesday blog hop. I'm now following you on GFC as Ericka T. Please check out my blog and consider following me. Thanks.

    www.savingwhilemakingmoney.com

    humanecats at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics! I'm a new follower from Wobble Over Wednesday.
    Julie
    http://livinginaslackersparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you love Colorado! I visit the Springs often because I have family there. (I only live 1 1/2 hrs away) We really are blessed with breathtaking beauty all around us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating a schedule is crucial to managing one's time effectively...I do keep to a schedule for the most part but every day is a little different depending on my kids' extra-curricular activities, if I have to meet a client, school meetings, entertaining over the weekend, and so on...I try to do it all. Think I need a trip to Colorado Springs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to see pianos everywhere! I don't have a schedule and I know I would benefit from one. It's something I always think about but do nothing about!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...